Face Oils: Such a “trend” now. Every Tom, Dick and Harry is introducing a face oil in their range. I’ve almost forgotten the existence of a moisturizer since these oils came in my life. I use them when skin needs a boost, skin is stressed, skin is dehydrated, skin needs to soothed, skin needs glow, skin feels tad under the weather, skin needs aromatherapy, skin needs a lymph drainage massage, skin needs to be fed nutritionally balanced diet. I could go on and on with reasons why one Should have oils in their regimen.
Here are all my current oils on rotation. Oils from various parts of the world, with all different types of ingredients, different properties and different purpose in life.
- Aesop Fabulous Face oil – On my third bottle, makes me weak at my knees! Excellent for hydration and calming skin. Macadamia, Sweet Almond, Camellia, Evening Primrose, Wheatgerm, Jasmine….wonderful inci list.
- Aurelia Cellular Night Repair Oil – Dehydration warrior and smells amazing. Awesome ingredient listing too.
- Estelle & Thild Rose Otto Face Oil – in a clear glass bottle with a pump (blows my mind)! Jojoba, Almond, Avocado, Sunflower, Blueberry, Sacha Inchi & Rose oils – wonderful and basic.
- Essano Rosehip Oil – There are many versions of Rosehip oil, this is one of them.
- Goodness Labs Chia Seed Oil – Cold Pressed Chia Seed Oil (excellent source of fatty acids and omegas), fabulous on its own or mixed with any other oil. Excellent for hydrating skin. Smells nutty and not the best in my opinion, but does a fab job. 2 ingredients : Chia Seed & Meadowfoam Oil.
- Grown Alchemist Rosehip & Camellia Oil & Grown Alchemist Borago, Rosehip & Buckthorn Berry oil – Easily absorbed and light. Packed with antioxidants, wonderful skin emollients and vitamins to thoroughly nourish my skin.
- Hylamide C25 – Whilst classed as a serum, I’ve placed it in oil category due to its texture. I love to mix few drops with all under oils or just wear under my makeup.
- Kama Ayurveda – With Saffron being its key ingredient I’m obsessed how gorg it leaves my skin. Formulated with Vetiver, Lotus, Sandalwood, Licorice, Indian Madder & extracts of Banyan tree.
- Mahalo Skincare Vitality Elixir – received sample vial, and its a powerhouse of ingredients. Chia, Kukui, Tamanu, Black Cumin, Sea Buckthorn, Turmeric, all in all a wonderful oil for moisturizing skin and adding glow.
- MV Organics Jojoba Oil & Rose Plus Booster – Few drops mixed with other oils or in isolation or mixed in my cleanser, consistently delivering FABULOUS results. Oils in their purest form.
- Tata Harper Replenishing Nutrient Complex – Reserved for long haul flights for its convenience of roll on ball. Great for hydration skin and soothing the skin.
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum in Oil – Claims 8 hours of sleep in a bottle, I concur. Highest content of wheatgerm oil, an excellent source of Vitamin E. Consistently raved and always recommend this as a starting point.
- Trilogy CoQ10 Booster – Radiance & Hydration Kaboom! Enriched with antioxidants and vitamins.
What are some of the face oils you’d recommend?